Motor Vehicle Accidents FAQ

Figuring out what to do right after a car accident isn't always easy. At Richie, Richie & Oberle, L.L.P., we represent people who have been in all types of motor vehicle accidents in northern Louisiana, guiding them through the process of seeking damages to cover medical costs and property damages.

We often hear from clients who aren't sure what they should do after being in a car accident. Here are some answers to a few of the questions our clients often have:

What should I do after a car accident?

You should always call the police to get an official report of the accident, but you should also document what happened yourself. Take pictures of the scene of the accident and the damage to your car if you can. Be sure to get the name, phone number and insurance information of the other driver involved in the accident.

What damages can I recover?

If another person was responsible for the accident, you may be able to recover damages to compensate for your medical costs and damage to your car or other property. In some cases, you may also receive damages for pain and suffering or lost wages.

What if the accident could have been partly my fault?

Even if you aren't sure who was at fault for an accident, you should discuss your situation with an attorney who can investigate all of the causes of the accident. Do not admit fault to the other driver. There are numerous factors that could have contributed to the accident, and it may turn out that you had little to no control over what happened.

Get The Rest Of Your Questions Answered

If you have questions about your legal options after a car accident, please contact us to schedule a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Call our Shreveport office at 318-716-7276. Se Habla Español.